Your hosts will be organising site visits as part of the Hui programme on Monday and Tuesday.
Many of the site visits will reflect the outstanding results of the the tribal development plan called ‘Whakatupuranga Rua Mano’ – Generation 2000 (WRM) that was implemented in 1975 with a 25-year horizon.
Most are within 5-10 minutes walk from the Hui venue.
Here are some possible options which we will confirm early next year, and you can choose your visits.
- Kōhanga Reo - Indigenous pre-school centre, where the only language spoken is Māori
- Te Kura ā Iwi o Whakatupuranga Rua Mano - Kura/school whose total roll is indigenous Māori children where the language used in Māori
- Te Wānanga o Raukawa (IFIP Pacific Regional Hui venue) An indigenous /Māori University
- Historic Churches
St Marys/Pukekaraka Rangiātea Church
- A typical New Zealand milking shed
- We can take a group on a beach walk
Before and after the Hui there are opportunities to visit places such as:
- Kāpiti Island (a day visit) http://www.kapitiislandnaturetours.co.nz/