- How do I contact GASC?
- How much does it cost to attend The Great American Scrapbook Conventions?
- What are the benefits of registering online?
- May I register over the phone?
- May I register by fax?
- May I pay with something other than a credit card online?
- Can I come to the event just to shop?
- Why are the shows listed as Arlington: May 31 - June 2 and Chantilly: June 22-23 if there's an all-day cropping party the day before?
- What should I bring for workshops and/or crops?
- Will you be posting any more workshops?
- How do I get my workshop/general admission/crop tickets?
- The workshop and/or crop I want to attend is sold out. Will you open any more seats?
- I registered online, but now I can't attend. can I have a friend use my registration?
- Do you accept checks by phone, fax or over the internet?
- Why won't my credit card work?
- Why won't my debit card work?
- What is the address of the convention center?
- How may I obtain a print-out of my class schedule and cropping parties?
- Can I sign my friend up for classes and pay for it with my credit card?
- Do I have to register online?
- Do I have to buy a general admission ticket for each day?
- Do I need to buy a general admission ticket to attend classes?
- Do I need to buy a general admission ticket to get into the cropping parties?
- What if I decide I don't want a particular class (or classes) after I have paid?
- I have already registered and want to go back and change my order, how do I do accomplish this?
- Can I volunteer to help out at The Great American Scrapbook Convention?
- Are there vendors that need volunteers?
- Can children participate at the event?
- Will you accommodate my special needs at the event?
- What happens if I want to make changes to my registration after online registration closes?
- Can I bring rolling totes or strollers to the convention?
You may contact us by email or telephone.
Phone: 1-877-746-9757 option 3
In both Arlington and Chantilly, general admission costs $10 if you register online; $12.00 at the door.
Cropping parties in Arlington TX cost $20 for the all-day crop if you register online; $22 at the door and $15 for the evening crops if you register online; $17 at the door.
General admission tickets give you access to the Show Floor where top companies sell the latest and greatest in scrapbooking tools. Workshop and cropping party tickets are sold separately. You do not need to buy a general admission ticket to attend a workshop or cropping party. The Shop 'N Crop ticket, however, is a combination tickets that gives you access to the Show Floor as well as an all-day crop area (not a Cropping Party).
Registering online offers you a $2 discount off your general admission or evening crop party ticket. Plus, you won't waste your precious show time waiting in line to buy tickets-- and since many workshops sell out prior to the show, you won't risk missing out on an event you really want to attend! You'll also receive a free email newsletter with updates on classes, show specials, and other helpful information.
No. We regret that we are not able to accommodate over-the-phone registration at this time.
No, we cannot accept faxed registrations due to the issues associated with processing large volumes of faxed documents.
Credit cards and debit cards are the only acceptable forms of payment for our Online registration. For tickets purchased at the door, we accept credit and debit cards as well as cash.
Sure. You can purchase a daily general admission pass, which will give you access to shopping on the Show Floor.
There is an all-day cropping party May 30 in Arlington and June 21 in Chantilly. Think of those days as a chance to get warmed up for the real show starting the following day, with shopping, workshops, and more.
Bring the following basic supplies to help you complete projects in workshops:
• 12"x12" paper trimmer
• Pair of straight-edge micro-tip scissors
• Adhesives (wet & dry)
• Your workshop ticket. This is your admission into your workshop. (Your workshop ticket will be in your convention packet, which is either mailed to you directly or available for pick-up at the Will Call area of registration depending on your choice when you register.)
• For crops: Your wristband will be in your convention packet, which is either mailed to you directly or available for pick-up at the Will Call area of registration depending on your choice when you register. Check the individual workshop descriptions for additional supplies you'll need. Additionally, optional supplies include a camera to snap shots of finished projects, paper and pen to take notes, and the tools you can't live without, such as eyelet setting tools or a square punch. Be sure to clearly mark your supplies with your name. After all, many scrappers have the same tools you have! If you're attending a crop, take some time before you leave home to prepare the projects you want to work on and only bring the supplies necessary for those projects. Space is limited at the crops, and we ask that you bring only what you'll need for 4 or 5 hours of scrapping. You may bring your rolling tote to the crop. However, handcarts, dolleys and wagons are not permitted.
We work hard to finalize all information before we post it to the web site; however, as we work with sponsors and teachers to confirm and finalize classes and activities, details sometimes change. There are times when we may need to make adjustments to class and activity descriptions and prices. We apologize for any confusion or concern this may cause. Please note it's possible we may add classes to the schedule after registration has opened. But if any class or activity details change, we'll update those details online and notify registered attendees by email.
Due to increased processing costs, we no longer send your convention packet in the mail unless you request us to do so when you register. There is an additional $2 fee for that service. If you choose not to have it mailed to you, you will need to bring your confirmation email and a Photo ID to the Will Call area at the convention to pick up your packet. You will be emailed a copy of your schedule prior to the show. If you forget your schedule, tickets or wristband, you'll have to repurchase them onsite-- so please remember to bring them!
Unfortunately, we are not able to increase the number of seats in full workshops or crops. We maximize our space to allow as many people as possible to attend classes and crops. After considering a combination of factors, such as how many people the room can hold and how many people an instructor is able to teach at one time, we set maximum class seat numbers and post that availability online. Manufacturers use these numbers to prepare class kits, and the facility uses them to set each room with the appropriate tables and chairs. We update our list of sold out classes as quickly as possible. However, due to the large volume of registrations happening at the same time, you may find the class you wanted to register for becomes sold out. We HIGHLY recommend that you review the schedule and make first second and third choices for workshops before going online to register- this will ensure that you have a plan should your session be sold out.
Yes, but we will need written and signed confirmation that you've given your friend permission to take your place. Simply write a letter that explains your situation and releases authorization to your friend to pick up your tickets. Be sure to name your friend and sign the letter! Your friend just needs to bring this letter and turn it in at the Will Call area in order to pick up your registration materials. If your friend is taking your place at a workshop, he or she will need a printout of your emailed confirmation along with the letter authorizing him or her to take your place.
If you need to cancel your registration, contact GASC at GASC@fwmedia.com. A full refund will be provided less a $2 processing fee if you cancel at least 30 days before the show (April 30 for Arlington and May 22 for Chantilly). After these dates, no refunds will be issued.
No, we do not currently accept checks by phone or fax.
It may be due to a variety of reasons. If difficulties persist please contact your financial institution.
Sometimes financial institutions such as banks will put holds on an account if a merchant verifies whether there are enough funds in the related debit card bank account. The hold may be in place for as long as 24 hours. Even though the account has funds, the financial institution won't release the funds until the waiting period is over. Please call your financial institution and verify that you account does not have any holds.
Great American Scrapbook Convention-- Arlington Arlington Convention Center
1200 Ball Park Way
Arlington, Texas 76011
Great American Scrapbook Convention-- Chantilly Dulles Expo and Conference Center
4368 Chantilly Shopping Center
Chantilly, Virginia 20153
Log onto the site using your email address and reference number provided to you in your confirmation email
Our registration system allows you to purchase items for yourself and for other people; HOWEVER, you will still need pertinent information of each individual you are registering, including full name, address, telephone number, and email address. We need all this information in order to confirm our workshop attendee list and to make sure that we do not oversell a workshop.
No, some classes will have spaces available during the show, but we recommend you register online to secure the classes you want to take. Many classes fill up before the actual date of the convention.
If you want to go onto the Show Floor, you will have to purchase a general admission ticket for each day you attend.
No. General admission, workshop and crop party tickets are sold separately. The only exception is the Shop & Crop ticket, a combination ticket that gets you access to the Show Floor as well as an all-day cropping area (not a crop party).
You may make changes to your schedule while online registration is open. Once online registration has closed, no changes, exchanges or refunds will be issued. You may add, exchange or remove classes, crop parties and general admission from your schedule as often as you like until online registration closes. If your changes result in a refund owed to you, you must contact GASC to have your credit processed. You can contact us at GASC@fwmedia.com.
Online registration will close for the following:
Arlington, Texas - 1:00pm (EST),Thursday, May 17, 2012
Chantilly, Virginia - 1:00pm (EST), Tuesday, May 22, 2012
We are looking for a fun energetic people to help in our fast paced booth. You will be on your feet all day. Your responsibilities will be re-stocking, bagging purchases & straightening up. Saturday we tear down at 5pm till 8pm you will assist in tearing down and boxing product and supplies.
Help Wanted during show hours Fri. & Sat. Person must be able to multitask, run a basic register and be able to be on their feet all day. For more information please email Maria at Athroughznames@gmail.com
Children of all ages are welcome to join you as you shop on the show floor. However, please note that strollers are not permitted. Children 10 years of age or older are charged admission. To attend a workshop or a crop, children must be 10 years of age or older and must purchase a ticket. Non-mobile infants (not walking or crawling) can join Mom in the classroom. However, strollers are not permitted so the infant must sit in your lap. Please be respectful of the teacher and fellow students and remove a fussy baby immediately. No children under 10, including non-mobile infants, are allowed at the crops.
In Arlington, Texas if you are in need of motorized assistance at the show please contact the following company for assistance. All rentals are at consumers expense.Lone Star Mobility
(817) 469-4777 office
After online registration closes, no refunds, exchanges or changes can be made to your schedule. Online registration for the Arlington Convention will close at 1:00 pm EST on Thursday, May 17, 2012. For the Chantilly Convention, online registration will close at 1:00 pm EST on Tuesday, May 22, 2012.
If you need to cancel your registration, contact GASC at GASC@fwmedia.com. A full refund will be provided less a $2 processing fee if you cancel at least 30 days before the show (May 17 for Arlington and May 22 for Chantilly). After these dates, no refunds will be issued.
We strive to provide a safe and pleasant convention for all attendees; therefore, no rolling totes or strollers will be allowed on the show room floor (except umbrella strollers for children only; we will consider umbrella strollers used to hold personal merchandise as totes and these will not be allowed on the show floor). A bag check area will be available in the convention center during Shopping hours for your convenience. You will be permitted to bring your rolling tote into the workshop rooms and the crop party rooms. We appreciate your understanding of this policy.