On behalf of the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC), International Conference Services Ltd. (ICS) is organizing the 17th World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC 2016) taking place at Messe Wien from December 4 – 7, 2016 in Vienna, Austria. The Conference is supported and promoted by the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC), locally represented by Conference President, Dr. Robert Pirker. We are expecting 6,000+ participants from around the world to attend. For more information visit our Conference website at www.iaslc.org.
The IASLC 17th World Conference on Lung Cancer will be a great time and an exciting opportunity for all interested in lung cancer. To make the Conference a great success we depend on local assistance from approximately 60 – 80 students or other volunteers with good English language skills.
Volunteers for the IASLC 17th World Conference on Lung Cancer will be the first contact for many of the
attendees. Their critical role will be to welcome foreign participants and to foster a spirit of helpfulness
We would very much appreciate your assistance in helping to make this Conference a positive and memorable experience for these international visitors. Please circulate and publicise our call for volunteers, as appropriate, through your institutions.
Frequently Asked Questions and Terms of Engagement:
Why should you volunteer?
- Unique opportunity to make a contribution to the community
- Get an insider’s view of being part of an event
- Gain useful job experience and satisfaction
- Meet like-minded people as well as the leading medical experts in the fields of lung cancer and
- thoracic oncology
- Identify possibilities for personal skills development
- Strengthen your CV
In return for volunteer services the WCLC gladly offers the following benefits:
- Complimentary food & beverage during volunteer shifts, including evening social events
- Complimentary admission to the Conference
- A Certificate of Participation
You are required to:
- Commit to at least one 7 hour shift on two consecutive days (total of 14 hours)
- Agree to wear black shoes, pants/skirt and a Volunteer T-Shirt (Shirt provided by the Conference)
- Speak fluent English
- Attend a mandatory training session on Friday, December 2 (not applicable if you sign up for the Conference Bag preparation on November 30 + December 1)
If you are interested to work at this prestigious Conference, please complete the following pages of this document. Upon confirmation of your availability, you will be provided with a volunteer training manual in November. This manual will outline the responsibilities associated with your assigned role(s) and your scheduled volunteer shift(s). Please make sure that you are available for the training session, scheduled for Friday, December 2 from 18:00 – 20:00 to ensure you are confident with the facility, the team and the Conference itself.
Positions will be assigned based on qualification and in order of applications received.
All interested persons should contact the Conference Manager, Matt Bennett, at email@example.com for more information. We look forward to your participation in this unique scientific event. Thank you for your support!