Violence Prevention - It's Everybody's Business Conference is intended to reach a broad and diverse group of people from both regional and metropolitan centres to:
· be a catalyst for action to eliminate violence against women, and
· raise awareness of violence prevention approaches
A rich and diverse range of speakers will explore what violence against women looks like in our communities; what primary prevention of violence is; and how violence prevention is everybody's business. Preventing violence against women (or family violence) is the responsibility of the whole community and requires a shared understanding of effective ways of influencing change.
Speakers will address:
- What we need to understand about the nature of violence against women.
- Why preventing violence against women is everybody's business.
- What is primary prevention? What approaches and strategies have an impact?
- Role of men in preventing violence.
- What workplaces and other settings, such as sport, arts, church, local governments and schools can do to build violence preventing cultures, norms and systems.
- The role of media and the use of social media.
- How gender equity can be addressed in a number of different settings.