|Frequently Asked Questions|
- The base registration rate is $150 ($175 after October 29). Some states have additional fees for State Chapter expenses related to attending the CRLC. Your specific rate will calculate when you complete your registration. Check with your State Advisor if you have any questions.
- Room Rate is $150 plus 15.4% occupancy taxes per night per room. Hotel is NOT included in the conference registration price.
Do we have to pay occupancy tax since our school is tax exempt?
- Yes. Tax exempt applies only to sales tax. Occupancy tax is not exempt in Illinois, unless you are a foreign dignitary.
- You may make changes to a room reservation until November 1.
- CRLC 2010
3217 North Flood Avenue
Norman, OK 73069
- No refunds will be given but you may change the name of your attendees, if needed.
- You must present a form of payment upon check-in. If you require an invoice prior to check-in please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a hotel invoice. An invoice from the hotel will then be sent to you. The hotel's invoice will include the total costs per room. The hotel will not breakdown room charges for those schools sharing rooms. If your school reserved a room that includes students from another chapter, you are responsible for the full payment of that room. It will be your responsibility to collect payment from schools sharing room costs.
- If your room is not ready upon your arrival, or if you plan to leave for home immediately after the Closing Session, you may check your luggage with the bellman on the Skybridge.
- 1 chaperone for every 12 students
- Responsible for all aspects of the trip including travel arrangements, selection and discipline of students, emergency situations, and notification to parents of all aspects of the trip.
- Must provide all students with written copy of all rules and trip procedures.
- Responsible for student supervision, room checks, curfew and bed checks, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining a file of all signed agreements from the student and/or parents.
- Hotel Parking (indoor valet) with in/out privileges. (6ft 8in clearance) The charges are as follows:
Overnight—$50.00 with in/out privileges
- Monroe Street Parking (indoor/underground), 5 blocks South.
Offers 24-hour parking with no in/out privileges. For extended period parking, call Monroe Street Parking at 312-616-0600.
- Motorcycle Parking–Park Millennium Garage (312-946-0452)
Offers 24-hour parking with no in/out privileges.
- School Bus or Motor Coach Parking–31st Street and Moe Street, it is attended 24 hours.
Only $22 per day for a motor coach (no in/out privileges), and they take cash, MasterCard, Visa, and American Express.
- All incidental charges are the responsibility of the DECA Chapter.
- Check-in begins at 3pm at the front desk. You must present a form of payment at check-in.
- Check-out by noon at the front desk.
Since each hotel room (up to four guests per room) is associated with only one attendee's registration record, when entering guest name(s) the main registrant will be Guest 1. Any additional attendees in the room will be entered as Guest 2, 3, or 4. When entering the additional attendees' registrations, mark “I’m a roommate” on the hotel selection for attendees indicated as Guest 2, 3, or 4. So when sharing rooms between chapters, one advisor will reserve the room and the other advisor will select “I’m a roommate” for the students sharing the room. If you need additional assistance please email email@example.com for coordination.
- Yes, To assist in supervision of the conference security will perform the following activities:
- Walk the hotel floors to monitor behavior
- Monitor appropriate dress at sessions and breakout sessions
- Ensure that students are wearing nametags to conference activities
- Monitor curfew each night at midnight
- Ensure there are no food deliveries (both students and advisors) after curfew
- Advisors have the opportunity to attend the Advisor Only Session and the Lightbulb Learning Session. You also have the opportunity to catch up with National DECA at the update session with Ed Davis and Shirlee Kyle.
- State Officers are invited to a breakfast at 7:30am on Friday. This breakfast is to honor you for your service, and is sponsored by Johnson and Wales.
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital (0.31 miles away)
541 N Fairbanks Ct
Chicago, IL 60611 US
- Children's Memorial Hospital (2.79 miles away)
2300 N Children's Plaza
Chicago, IL 60614 US
- Minor Emergencies
Chicago State & Adams
137 S State St
Chicago, IL 60603-5606