Terms and Conditions:
These Terms and Conditions are between The Financial Times Limited (“FT”) and the person who completes the relevant booking form (“You”) for the FT Live Event as described in the booking form (“Event”).
Confirmation of bookings
1. All bookings are subject to availability and acceptance by FT, which will be confirmed in writing (including by e-mail) after FT has received the completed booking form, the related fee if required (the “Fee”), and anything else that FT may require.
2. Upon FT's written confirmation to you of its acceptance of your booking for a place at the Event there shall be a legally binding contract between FT and You to which these terms and conditions apply.
3. FT reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking in its absolute discretion.
4. Fees for the Event are correct at the time of publication. FT reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by FT. The Fees (where required) are payable at the same time as you submit your booking form by credit card or cheque. You acknowledge that FT cannot guarantee places held on a provisional basis and that places may sell out.
5. The Fees include:
(i) For conference delegates: one place at the Event, refreshments, lunch and Event materials.
(ii) For awards dinner delegates: one place at the awards dinner and cocktail reception, refreshments, dinner and Event materials.
6. The Fees do not include travel to or from the Event or any accommodation costs incurred.
Changes, Cancellations and Postponements
7. Whilst our programmes are correct at the time of going to press, in certain circumstances it may be necessary for FT to alter the content, format, venue or timing of an Event. All delegates will be notified of such changes prior to the Event.
8. If you cannot attend an Event for which you have registered, please contact FT as soon as possible (and in any event no later than 24 hours before the Event) at email@example.com or Marketing Department, Financial Times Live Global Conferences & Events, 1330 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10019. FT may at our absolute discretion allow you to send a substitute in your place or allow you to attend the next available Event (provided that FT has received the details of such substitute).
9. If you notify us that you wish to cancel your attendance at an Event for which a Fee is payable, then cancellation charges shall apply as follows (please note that refunds may take up to 14 working days), which you agree represent a genuine pre-estimate of the costs FT will incur as a result of cancellation:
|Written notice received by us||% of Fee to be charged|
|> 30 days prior to the first day of the Event||10%|
|Between 14 days and 29 days prior to the first day of the Event||The greater of £120 or 50%|
|< 14 days prior to the first day of the Event||100%|
10. FT may in exceptional circumstances need to postpone or cancel an Event, and we will notify you as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation. If an Event is cancelled, or if an Event is postponed and you cannot attend the rearranged date, we will refund any Fees you have paid in advance within 8 weeks. You agree that FT’s liability to you will be limited to the amount of the Fees you have paid and FT will not be liable to you for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by you as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
Your attendance at the Event
11. Please advise us of any special access requirements at the time of making your booking.
12. FT reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse you admission or eject you from the Event for failure to comply with these Terms; or if in FT’s opinion you represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event.
13. You must not record, film or take photographs at the Event unless expressly permitted by FT.
14. Please note that for promotional purposes, the Event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means. You agree to permit FT to use and distribute such footage, which may feature images of you, in all or any media whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings.
15. You are responsible for arranging your own appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance at the Event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, FT shall not be liable for any kind of loss or damage to you or your personal property, unless caused by our negligence.
16. Materials distributed by or on behalf of FT at an Event may not be reproduced without FT’s permission.
17. Views expressed by speakers are their own and FT disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during an Event. Materials distributed at an Event are intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
18. To the maximum extent permitted by law, FT shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or any loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings arising in connection with this Agreement, even if you have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
19. By submitting registration details, you agree to allow FT and companies associated with the Event to contact you regarding their services. If you do not wish to receive such communications please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
20. You agree that the contact details of registered delegates will be placed on the attendee list which will be passed to sponsoring companies and to all attendees for them to see who is at the conference for the purpose of networking and meetings. If you do not wish to be included on this list please email email@example.com at the time of making your booking.
22. These terms contain the entire agreement between you and FT.
23. If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions will continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision omitted.
24. Any express or implied waiver to perform any obligations under these terms will not prevent the subsequent enforcement of them.
25. A person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
26. These terms shall be governed by English law and you hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this clause shall limit FT's right to take proceedings against you in any other court of competent jurisdiction.
27. If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.