Best of 2016: Deals, Dealmakers & Placemakers
In the upcoming March/April issue, Real Estate Forum will be profiling some of the most significant transactions and developments that took place last year, and the people behind those deals. While we have our eyes closely on the market, there may be a deal or two that fell under our radar. As such, we’re turning to you to bring those deals to our attention.
If there’s a transaction or project you’d like to suggest for consideration, please submit your entry via this form no later than Wednesday, March 1.
What We're Looking For
We aren’t only seeking big-ticket deals in major markets. We encourage you to submit transactions that not only impact the market, but also illustrate innovation, complexity and creativity. A good rule of thumb is to select a deal that CRE professionals unrelated to your local market or company would want to read about. Specifically, we will be highlighting:
- Investment Sales, Leasing and Financing deals that closed during calendar year 2016. We will not accept sales and financing transactions without a dollar value attached. We will not accept submissions for leasing transactions that do not disclose the tenant, square footage and lease term. Lease renewals are not eligible unless it involves an expansion.
- Development and redevelopment projects delivered during calendar year 2016. Unfinished projects will not be considered, unless the development is being built in phases. In those cases, the significant phase must have been completed in 2016.
- Deals involving multiple components are acceptable, but only the portions completed in 2016 will be judged. Please indicate clearly the transaction’s various components, the parties involved in each and the timeline of the development.
What You Need to Know
- This form is open to all commercial real estate professionals, including developers, investors, brokers, etc., and those in related industries such as design, law, consulting and construction.
- Firms may submit up to 15 entries. If your company has multiple locations, please coordinate with your corporate headquarters before submitting.
- Please include the names and firms of all parties involved in the transaction.
- You have the opportunity to submit up to 3 files, such as news clippings or reviews, to support your entry.
- You must submit images of the subject property or project with each entry (excluding the M&A field). We accept only jpeg files at 300 dpi resolution or higher.
- Because this system will time out after a prolonged period of inactivity, we highly suggest you have all your information on hand before you start. A copy of the entry form is available for download here. Please note that this is for preparation purposes only. The final nomination must be submitted via this online portal.
DEADLINE IS MIDNIGHT ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 1.
We will accept submissions as long as the form remains open.
For questions regarding the nomination process, contact Sule Aygoren via email or (212) 457-9659.
For technical issues with this form, contact the help desk.