Time: 09:00 - 17:30
Venue: Novotel World Trade Centre Hotel
Course Fee: AED 2,200
(Teaching Method: Participation)
|INDEX Conferences and Exhibitions Organisation Est. is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. INDEX Conferences & Exhibitions Organisation Est. designates this activity for 6 cr continuing education credits.
In the past decades the theoretical concept of „Laser applications in Dentistry‟ has been established. This concept implies several changes to the widely adopted „cut and suture‟ and „radical‟ strategies when managing the caries and gingival procedures in deep cavities. In the past ten years the indication for using lasers on tooth surfaces and mucosal tissues including gingiva, has been extended. New generations of Er,Cr:YSGG and 940 nm Diode lasers have been introduced to best dental clinics of world with very high success and patient acceptance rates. Cavity preparation techniques and gingival or oral surgeries using these lasers have been scientifically evaluated in more depth and last but not least many FDA clearances have been achieved for different dental procedures. Thus, there is a need to re-think decision making for either non-, micro- or minimum-invasive treatment options at various tooth and oral mucosa sites to reduce the side effects of old fashion dental strategies like suturing for any small oral or gingival surgery and excavating healthy enamel and dentin with blind and hard burs!
1. To explain the difference between Er,Cr:YSGG and 940 nm Diode lasers.
2. To appraise scientific and practical value of different lasers.
3. To make right decision that which laser could be more beneficial for which application based on Laser-Tissue Interactions principals and hands-on works on animal jaws and extracted teeth.
4. To explain the evidence behind the Lasers applications in Dentistry.
5. To perform the laser assisted deep cavity preparation technique.
6. To apply different Er,Cr:YSGG tips for different applications during deep cavity preparations.
Who Should Attend:
- General Practitioners.
- Dental Hygienists.
- 08:30 - 09:00 Registration & Coffee
- 09:00 - 09:45 Laser Physics and safety
- 09:45 - 10:30 Modern Concept of Laser-Tissue interaction
- 10:30 - 10:45 Coffee Break
- 10:45 - 11:45 Soft tissue management
- 11:45 - 12:15 Laser in Cavity Preparation
- 12:15 - 13:00 Laser Assisted Perio-treatment
- 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch break
- 14:00 - 14:45 Laser in Endodontic treatment
- 14:45 - 15:15handling the Diode laser machine,fiber and tips
- 15:15 - 15:30 Coffee break
- 15:30 - 17:30 Workshop on sheep head and extracted teeth
-Dr. Manaf has graduated in 1996, from the Faculty of Dentistry in Aleppo University, D.D.S degree.
-Worked in his private clinic as GP Dentist and a clinical Supervisor in the Faculty of Dentistry in Aleppo University.
- 2006 he finished his laser studies and obtained his Mastership of the Laser Dentistry from Laser Academy, in Vienna University, Dental School, Austria.
- 2007 Joined Ajman university- Faculty of Dentistry as head of the laser research unit in Department of surgery and teaching of the Laser and modern technology course and still to date.
-As a private Clinical practitioner, Liberty Dental clinic -Dubai 2007 to date.
-Member of many international laser societies and Academies
-Former Secretary general of the International Academy for Laser Education
Local and International lecturer, and published many papers in laser dentistry.