Dr. Samer Sunna, DDS, MSC, Orthodontics,Examiner and committee member of the Jordanian Board of Orthodontics, Private Practice- Jordan
|Total Credit points:5
|INDEX Conferences and Exhibitions Organisation Est. is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. INDEX Conferences & Exhibitions Organisation Est. designates this activity for 5.5 cr continuing education credits.
Date: Sunday, 5th February 2017
Time: 09:00 - 17:30
Venue: Novotel World Trade Centre Hotel
Course Fee: AED 2,200
(Teaching Method: Course)
Clear aligners have become an integral part of an orthodontists service offering in the Western World with almost 40% of orthodontic in the United States being treated with the technology. In this lecture, our speakers explore their applications, indications and contra-indications, benefits and case studies.
Since aligners have been introduced into the United States dental curriculum, a significant amount of malocclusion cases in the United States have been treated using aligners where it is estimated that currently almost 30% of all adult malocclusion cases are treated using aligners.
Aligners have proven particularly popular with patients as they are removable, effective and come without the discomfort and quality of life impact associated with braces, findings that have been corroborated in clinical studies which emphasize several areas of improved quality indicators.
1- Identify suitable and non-suitable aligner cases
2- Become familiar with aligner technologies
3- Know when to make use of Interproximal reduction to ease movements
4- Become familiar with attachment bio-mechanics and their various shapes and uses
5- Taking the ideal impressions to minimize waste
6- How to monitor, troubleshoot and modify a case
Who Should Attend:
- General Practitioners
- Dental Students
09:30 Introduction to Aligners
10:30 Scope of aligners (indications and contraindications)
11:00 Coffee Break
11:30 Diagnosis and patient selection
12:00 Bio-mechanics and attachments
13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
14:30 Case Studies
14:30 - 15:30 Submitting your first case
- 16:00 Coffee Break
- 16:30 Monitoring and Troubleshooting
Dr. Samer Sunna
• Dr. Sunna obtained his Masters in Orthodontics degree from the University of Birmingham in 1997. In 1998 Dr. Sunna went on to receive the ‘Membership in Orthodontics’ qualification from the Royal College of surgeons in London, the highest orthodontic qualification in the UK and one of the most prestigious worldwide.
• Dr. Sunna published a number of original research articles and clinical papers in international journal. He is a member of all main international and regional orthodontic organizations and has lectured extensively in the US, UK, Australia, much of the Arab world and Jordan.
• In 2004 Dr. Sunna was awarded the Royal "Jordan First Award" for ‘Excellence in Medicine and Dentistry". Four years later he was awarded ‘‘Man of the Year in Dental Health’’ by the American Bio Society for outstanding contributions to dentistry.
Dr. Marc Geserick
• Dr. Marc Geserick completed his undergraduate studies and post graduate studies at the University of Ulm and the University of Basel respectively. He then undertook his residency at the University of Kandy (Sri Lanka), the University of Tsurumi (Japan) and the University of Southern California (USA).
• Dr. Geserick was a Roth/Williams Scholar and was one of the developer of the Bite-Jumping Screw, a functional appliance for Class II, division 1 malocclusion treatment.
• Dr. Marc is widely recognized as one of the leading orthodontists in Germany.