The seventh annual National Sports Safety and Security Conference and Exhibition will take place on July 12-14, 2016 at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort in Phoenix, Arizona. This year's theme is Achieving the Gold Standard. The Gold Standard is a benchmark and insight concept designed to help sport organizations achieve their safety and security mission strategy while balancing costs, operational efficiencies and maintaining an engaged workforce, all while enhancing the fan experience. Nine specific pillars were identified to close the gap to best practices and to help sport organizations achieve the Gold Standard.
The nine pillars identified below will be interwoven throughout the conference and provide attendees with specific takeaways for each pillar:
- The Evolving Sport Security Leader
- The Evolving Sport and Entertainment Landscape
- Effective Risk/Threat/Vulnerability Assessment and Implementation
- The Enhanced Collaborative Planning Process
- The Impact of Crowd Management
- The Emerging Safety and Security Culture
- The Maximization of Human Talent
- The Emerging Sport Security Technology
- The Impact of Environmental Design
Attendees should make sure to plan on staying until 3pm on Thursday (July 14th), as we will be having our National Forum and Town Hall Meetings (Marathons, Intercollegiate Athletics, Interscholastic Athletics, and Professional Sport Facilities) providing an environment to network with your peers, discuss best practices, and exchange ideas within your particular industry.
In addition to top notch speakers, panelists, and an awards ceremony, attendees can benefit from new features that address the relevant issues and threats in the industry including:
- National Forum – The Changing World: What is the Effect of the Paris Incident on Sports Safety and Security?
- National Table Top Exercise –Assess Your Preparation, Mitigation, Preparedness, Response and Recovery Protocols, Plans and Capabilities
- Roundtables – A variety of pertinent topics such as Bag Search Procedures, Drone Regulations, Parking Lot Safety, Selling Alcohol at Your Event, etc.
- Technology – Browse the latest solutions in the Exhibit Hall
- Arizona Excursions – Tour the Grand Canyon or Red Rocks of Sedona
Target Audience - Sports venue and event operators, managers, security and safety staff, first responders, law enforcement. These are representatives from the following levels: professional leagues, intercollegiate athletics, interscholastic athletics and marathon/endurance events.