The Midland Hotel, Manchester
OUR CONFERENCE HOTEL & VENUE:
Friendship Force International is pleased to offer great rates to our conference delegates at the historic Midland Hotel in central Manchester. All the main conference events will take place in this hotel.
We request that all conference attendees stay at the conference hotel. In order to get such a great price on the conference facilities, we are obligated to fill the block of guest rooms held at the Midland Hotel for Friendship Force delegates. The organization will have to pay additional fees if we fall below the numbers of rooms given us, so please support Friendship Force in making this a successful event by booking your room at the host hotel. You won’t find a better place to stay during the conference! As an added incentive, everyone staying at the Midland Hotel for at least the four main nights of the conference (August 24, 25, 26 and 27) will be entered in our drawing for a free room upgrade. Two winners will be announced.
Need even more reasons to make the Midland Hotel your home-away-from-home during the conference? Here are our top six reasons:
6. Sleep Late. Wake up and head downstairs for breakfast and all conference activities. You won’t ever have to think about Metro schedules, taxi fares, or even the weather. You’re already there!
5. Easy Getaway. Joining our gala banquet, a day tour, or a post-conference tour or homestay? All options depart directly from the Midland, so if you're a guest there you’ll be ready to go. No need to carry your bags across town.
4. Location. The Midland is beautifully located; just a short walk or free bus ride to many of Manchester’s top attractions and shopping - and is surrounded by restaurants and pubs to fit every budget. Getting here is easy too: the hotel is located 10 km from Manchester International Airport (MAN) and can be reached easily by train from the airport. Detailed instructions for arriving by train or car can be found here. A taxi journey will take about 20-30 minutes.
3. Party Night. After registering at the FFI desk in the lobby on Thursday, go straight up to your room for some rest and to get ready for our "Travel Back in Time" party. Then just go downstairs and enjoy! Return as late as you want…without facing the hassle of taxis or the weather.
2. What a Hotel! Take a minute to look at the hotel's website. This is a great hotel with amazing service and facilities, like its award-winning spa and restaurants! Why would you choose to stay anywhere else? The Midland, which opened in 1903, has played host to Kings, Queens, Presidents, Prime Ministers and rock stars in it's 100+ year history. It was awarded TripAdvisor's 'Certificate of Excellence' for the second year in a row - a certificate awarded only to hotels with consistent, positive guest reviews, maintaining at least four stars on TripAdvisor. Plush rooms and suites offer free WiFi, tea- and coffee-making facilities, flat-screen TVs and 24-hour room service. Need a roommate? We can help with that too: just email Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Social Time. One of the highlights of any Friendship Force conference is the informal time you can spend with friends from around the world. Stay at the Midland and they’ll all be right there with you. Our conference schedule allows you time to enjoy the hotel's facilities, wander and explore the city, enjoy a cream tea or beer in the Midland's opulent Octagon Lounge, take tours in and around the area, or gather with friends at the hotel's piano bar at night.
ROOM RATES INCLUDE BREAKFAST AND TAX:
Single room : £139
Double / twin room : £149* (or £74.50 per person)
Single room : £150
Double / twin room : £160* (or £80 per person)
All room prices are subject to availability.
Book by phone: (+44) 0845 074 0060
Check-in is from 3pm but if you arrive earlier you may leave your bags with the concierge and relax in the lounge or go out and explore the city for a while. For more information about the hotel facilities please visit the hotel's website.
CONFERENCE START AND END:
The official conference proceedings begin at 9:00 am on August 25, 2017, owever there is also a welcome party on the evening of August 24 for those already in Manchester and it is our hope that many of you will be there (please read all about this very unusual and exciting event at the bottom of this page.)
The conference ends at 12:00 noon on August 28. If you are leaving Manchester that day please fly out after 3:30 pm so as not to miss any of our exiting closing activities! If you cannot find a flight after 3:30pm, consider staying an extra night and leaving on August 29th. Rates at the Midland Hotel for the night of August 28 are also at our special discounted rate.
ROOM DATES / RATE AVAILABILITY:
Please check-in on August 24 and check-out on August 28 or 29 (see highlighted section below), unless you are planning to arrive early or stay on later. Registration will take place in the hotel lobby from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm on August 24, with our welcome party commencing at 6:00 pm.
The discounted conference rates shown above are available for August 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28 (for those of you staying an extra night and checking out on August 29). A limited number of rooms are available a the discounted rate on August 23.