|PROPOSALS FOR CONFERENCE SYMPOSIA|
INVITATION TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL FOR A CONFERENCE SYMPOSIUM
Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) invites all who are affiliated with a CUGH Member Institution to submit a Symposium Proposal for consideration.
- To check your institution's CUGH Membership status, go to: http://cugh.org/members
Symposium Panels comprise of (usually up to) 3
or 4 topic experts and a moderator. The speakers should provide
knowledge about different views or aspects of the panel theme. These sessions
can take on a number of formats including, but not limited to:
presentations plus Audience Q&A
- experts' discussion plus Audience Q&A
- experts' debate plus Audience Q&A
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
- October 1, 2016 - Submission Process Closes this date
- November 4, 2016 - Proposals Status Announcement by this date
- November 15, 2016 - Proposals invited for development must RSVP by this date to hold a session slot on the agenda. No exceptions.
- November 15, 2016 - All panel details final, speakers registered, required forms and information provided
Status announcements will be emailed to the proposal author by November 4, 2016. Proposal authors who are invited to develop the proposed symposium must respond by EOD November 15, 2016. Unanswered invitations will be interpreted as the proposing party's withdrawal of the proposal. If you think you may be out of email range between November 4, 2016 and November 15, 2016, please designate a colleague to receive the status email and provide that person's email address on the proposal form accordingly.
PROPOSALS MUST FIT WITHIN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING SIX TRACKS
Please be prepared to select a primary and secondary track:
- One (1) proposal per person.
All proposals are reviewed, and final selections are made by the Executive Program Committee.
- While proposal authors/submittants must be affiliated with CUGH Member Institutions, membership is not required of the proposed speakers, moderators, facilitators.
- All symposia accepted for inclusion in the agenda will be assigned time slots that range from 1 hour to 1.5 hour (includes time for Q&A).
- Invited panel developers are responsible for ensuring that panel speakers and moderators are able to fund their registration, travel and accommodation costs.
- The primary/submitting author will receive an email message confirming the receipt of the proposal
- All speakers and moderators must be registered to attend the conference.
- If a proposal is accepted for development, the proposal author is responsible for ensuring that all speakers/moderator are registered, have provided all required information (such as biosketches, etc.) completed all forms (such as COI forms for CME purposes), and have access to funding for registration and all costs of travel and accommodations.
- The maximum word count for the combination of panel/workshop Objective and Description is 350 words.
- Proposed titles can not exceed 250 characters (including spaces) and should NOT be all caps (CORRECT: e.g. Ethical dilemmas in global health research: a roundtable discussion)
- All proposals must be submitted in English.
- All proposals require the following information:
- Proposing Party's Contact Information
- Proposed Title
- Proposed Moderator/Facilitator(s)
- Proposed Speakers
- Symposium Target Audience
- Symposium Objective
- Symposium Description
- Statement about the invited persons' presumed abilities to fund their travel, lodging and registration costs.
- Indication of the proposing party's availability and ability to develop the symposium if it is selected
- Session slots are limited. Proposals are reviewed by the Scientific Planning Committee.
- All proposals for speaker panels must be received by CUGH by October 1, 2016.
- Proposals' status will be announced by November 4, 2016.
Karen Lam: firstname.lastname@example.org