|REFLECTION IN GLOBAL HEALTH ESSAY CONTEST|
- The essay must be written while the applicant fits into one of the three contest categories described below, must be the work of a single author, and must represent original work. Essays must not have been previously published in print or electronic format.
- Entries must be in English, at least 11 point font, doubled-spaced, and must not exceed 1,000 words.
- Essay should be written in Microsoft or OpenOffice document.
- Do not put your name or any other identifying information on the document. Mention of any other individuals in the document should conform to anonymity standards to ensure privacy.
- Include the title of your essay on all pages of your word document submission
- Only ONE submission per person.
- Essays not meeting all requirements will be disqualified from the contest.
- First Name then Last Name
- Title of Essay
- Phone Number
- Email Address (reachable even after graduation)
- School/Sponsoring Institution/Training Program where enrolled or affiliated
- Degree Program (if applicable)
- Indicate category of submission (IMPORTANT!)
a. Trainees (undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate levels). Anticipated year of graduation
b. Practitioner/faculty. Please indicate years in practice and area of expertise
c. Trainees from low-middle income countries
where English is not the official language
On writing: Purdue University Online Writing Lab
On reflection, go here
Wear D, Zarconi J, Garden R, Jones T. Reflection in/and writing: pedagogy and practice in medical education. Academic Medicine 2012; 87(5): 603-609