|LLMIC TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIPS|
CUGH is happy to announce that 10 abstract presenters from Low Income, or Lower-Middle Income Countries (LLMIC) will be presented with a LLMIC Travel Scholarship for the 2017 CUGH Conference.
EACH SCHOLARSHIP PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- 1 waived registration for the 2017 CUGH Conference in Washington, DC in April 2017.
- Up to 4 complimentary nights at the 2017 conference site, Washington Hilton, during the conference period.
- $500 to support the presenter's travel cost.
TO QUALIFY FOR CONSIDERATION, ONE MUST:
- By October 12, 2016, submit an abstract for Oral or Poster Presentation where s/he is listed as the lead presenter.
- On the Abstract Submission Form, “Opt in” to compete for the LLMIC Travel Scholarship.
- Be a national of a low income country (LIC) or lower-middile income country (LMIC) who is currently working and living in a LIC/LMIC, and will continue to do so through December 31, 2017.
CUGH uses the World Bank definition of LIC and LMIC.
See the LIC list at http://data.worldbank.org/income-level/low-income
See the LMIC list at http://data.worldbank.org/income-level/lower-middle-income
- The CUGH Scientific Program Advisory Committee (SPAC) will provide the abstracts’ ranking.
- 10 scholarships will be provided to the top 10 scoring Abstracts that:
- Were selected for presentation, and where
- Selected presenters have confirmed availability to present, by January 15, 2017.
TRANSFER OF AWARDS:
- WAIVED REGISTRATION: Scholars will receive a link for waived registration so long as their availability to present is confirmed by January 15, 2017. The registration waiver is not transferable to any other party. Presenter substitutions are not accepted.
- 4 COMPLIMENTARY HOTEL NIGHTS: Hotel reservations will be made at the Conference Hotel Site (Washington Hilton Hotel - DuPont Circle) by Conference Organizers on behalf of the awarded Scholar.
- $500 TRAVEL SUPPORT FUND: A check made out to the name of the Scholar will be provided at the conference site.
SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
Direct any questions to Karen Lam, Program Manager, Conference & Events at: