VISA INFORMATIONUnder Australia's universal visa system, all visitors to Australia must have a valid visa to travel to and enter Australia (other than New Zealand passport holders who will normally be granted a Special Category visa on arrival, provided they meet health and character requirements; and permanent residents of Norfolk Island who may be granted a Permanent Resident of Norfolk Island visa on arrival). For more information, see the factsheet.
For Conference delegates holding a UK or US Passport:
Delegates holding US and UK passports are eligible to apply for the following visas:
- USA passport holder – ETA subclass 601 (business stream) – can apply online, AUD$20 service provider charge, nil visa application charge (VAC)
- UK passport holder – eVisitor Visa, subclass 651 (business stream) – VAC and service charge free.
- There are many visa options available to people wishing to visit Australia. The appropriate visa option will depend, amongst other things, on the person's purpose for visiting Australia.
Event participants should also refer to the Visa Application Requirements Factsheet for information on visa application requirements.
NB: These are the visa options available presently but the Department reserves the right to change regulations.
IECN assistance will NOT guarantee a visa grant. Visa applicants must demonstrate that they meet all the legislative requirements for an Australian visa.
For additional background relating to:
- Visas for people to come to Australia for tourism or business purposes, please click here.
- Visas for people to come to Australia to undertake short-term, highly specialised work or to participate in non-ongoing cultural or social activities at the invitation of an Australian organisation, please click here.
All visitors should apply for a visa at least two months prior to their intended date of departure, and four months prior for people with character or health concerns. The Conference Secretariat holds no responsibility for visa applications.