Frequently Asked Questions
Ask Your Employer
How can I encourage my employer to approve my trip?
- Outline the benefits of why your employer should offset your costs to attend the ADHA's 94th Annual Conference
- Download the Employer Benefit Sheet and provide this to your employer
ADHA wants to ensure every hygienist is able to afford the opportunity to join their colleagues in Jacksonville.
Below are some cost saving suggestions:
- Register EARLY! This is the easiest way by registering arriving before arriving on-site and prices have increased.
- Rent a chartered bus or van with your colleagues.
- Share a hotel room with friends/colleagues and split the costs. Make Annual Conference a bonding trip for you and your colleagues and save on hotel costs for your stay.
- Register for the All-Inclusive CE Seminar Pass for the bundled price of $149 and select as many CE Seminars that fit in your schedule!
Where can I find travel information about getting from the airport to the hotel/venue?
- Visit the travel page for all transportation information
How can I review the program prior to the convention?
- View the schedule of events information
How do I connect with other attendees?
- Download our Event App (coming soon!)
What does the Main Registration Package include?
- Wednesday night Welcome Reception: limited capacity (450 ppl), compliments of Young Dental
- Wednesday Community Service Day - give back to the host city
- Thursday and Saturday General Sessions (1 CE Hour Each), compliments of Arm & Hammer: Truly Radiant & Crest/ Oral-B
- FREE Coffee prior to both Thursday & Saturday General Sessions, compliments of Wrigley
- Exhibits on Friday & Saturday: Tons of Swag! (1 CE Hour)
- FREE Lunch on the Exhibit Floor Friday & Saturday compliments of Wrigley
- Friday Breakfast: limited capacity (650 ppl), compliments of Crest/Oral-B
- Undergraduate Student Research Competition on Thursday (2 CE Hours)
- DENTSPLY/ADHA Graduate Student Research Poster Sessions
- Many Networking Evening Receptions
- CE Seminars & Workshops for an additional cost
What is the price of CE Seminars?
- There are two options for purchasing CE:
- The NEW All-Inclusive CE Seminar Pass: Allows you to choose as many CE Seminars as you want for a bundled price of $149. This option DOES NOT include Hands-on Workshops.
- À la Carte: You can pick and choose as many individual CE seminars and Hands-On Workshops, at your price point. CE Seminars and Hands-on Workshops vary on length, amount of CE Hours earned and price. If you do not wish to attend any CE Seminars or Hands-on Workshops, choose this option in case you change your mind later.
Not sure which one to choose? Look at the Schedule of Events* to help make your selection.
Additionally, here are the price points:
- Hands-On Workshop (2hrs): $45
- Hands-On Workshop (1hr): $30
- Seminar (1hr): $18
- Seminar (1.5hrs): $27
- Seminar (2hrs): $35
*sessions subject to change
What other events can be added to my registration?
- President's Dinner is $100 per ticket ($65 per ticket for students and delegates).
I have completed by registration in advance, do I need to go onsite to the registration area upon my arrival?
- No, take your tote bag ticket to the counter to receive your tote bag and badge lanyard. You do not need to go to the registration area
How do I find out where my courses/events are located?
- On your event ticket, in the official program or using the event mobile app
How do I find my colleagues?
- Using the event mobile app, you can access the attendee listing.
How do I select the seminars unique to my needs?
- With over 25 seminar topics to choose from, all aspects of the dental hygiene profession are addressed from education to research to public health to clinical skills.
How will I receive my CE hours for the seminars I attend?
- At the end of the seminar, you will receive a CE verification code which you will use to complete the seminar survey. Upon completion of the meeting, you will be emailed your Certificate of Attendance containing a full listing of all your CE's from the meeting.
What if I am running late to my CE seminar?
- You must arrive within 20 minutes of the start of the seminar to be allowed admittance. If you are more than 20 minutes late, you will not be allowed into the CE seminar and no refund will be provided.
Can I add CE seminar when I arrive to the conference?
- Yes, depending on course availability
- Many CE seminars will sell out. It is best to add your CE seminars to your registration prior to your arrival.
When do the CE seminar prices increase?
- À la Carte pricing for CE Courses increase by $10 each after May 19
- Add CE courses to your registration before May 19 to save on the seminar fees
Are there CE seminar handouts?
- Yes, CE seminar handouts will only be available only online, beginning in late May
When should I book my hotel reservation at the ADHA headquarter hotel?
- Housing opens January 18, 2017. Generally the ADHA headquarter hotel block will fill up very quickly
What time is hotel check-in?
- Hotel check in is at 4:00 p.m.
- You can check your luggage at the bell stand if you arrive before 4:00 p.m.
Will I have time to go to the exhibit hall?
- Yes, exhibits are open Friday, June 16, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Saturday, June 17, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Can I make purchases from exhibitors?
- Yes, if your office needs to purchase items, make a list and purchase these during the ADHA conference.
- Buying from exhibitors at the ADHA conference helps exhibitors as well as the association by showing the value proposition to exhibitors to participate in the ADHA conference.
- Save your receipts! After the meeting, submit your receipts to ADHA and see if you are eligible to receive a discount to ADHA's 95th Annual Conference in Columbus, OH.
What is the conference attire?
- Business casual
- Be sure to bring layers as the convention center and the hotel will be air conditioned
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes