Sustainability for Store Brands Packaging
On February 29 the first ever Sustainable Packaging Seminar developed specifically for store brands was held.
Store Brands Decisions, in collaboration with GreenBlue’s Sustainable Packaging Coalition (SPC), presented Sustainability for Store Brands Packaging. This unique and exclusive three-hour seminar was co-located with the Store Brands Decisions Innovation & Marketing Summit.
The seminar is distilled three hour version of the SPC’s Essentials of Sustainable Packaging curriculum that addresses the unique needs of store brands retailers and manufacturers. Seminar attendees will receive a certificate of completion co-signed by
the SPC and Store Brands Decisions.
Sustainability for Store Brands Packaging offers a comprehensive introduction to sustainability considerations that apply to the entire store brands packaging life cycle: material sourcing, packaging design, manufacturing, transport, and final disposal.
Through this 3 hour seminar, store brands executives and their suppliers learn about the essential sustainability considerations for packaging and the strategies needed to create more sustainable packaging. Using real world examples, attendees learn how a holistic view of sustainability applies to store brands.
Sustainability for Store Brands Packaging participants learn about:
- Sustainability and Balancing Tradeoffs: An overview of the triple bottom line, packaging as an enabler of product sustainability, how sustainability appliers to packaging.
- Sourcing and Recovering Materials: Responsible sourcing of materials, understanding material flows and recovery strategy.
- Understanding Environmental & Health Impacts: Systems approach to go beyond compliance, examples of unintended consequences, implications of legislation.
- Tools for Measuring and Reporting Sustainability: Overview of life cycle assessment, packaging design as a leverage point for optimization.
- Communicating Sustainability Initiatives: Strategies for making meaningful claims, communicating corporate level sustainability
You may contact us with questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sustainability for Store Brands Packaging Agenda
2 pm – 2:30 pm: Sustainability, Sustainable Packaging, and Balancing Tradeoffs
- The global case for of sustainability
- The triple bottom line
- The SPC definition as a vision: eight criteria for Sustainable Packaging
- Understanding environmental and health impacts
- Responsible sourcing
- Sustainable Materials Management
- Recovery strategies
- Incorporating recycled content
3:45 pm – 4:30 pm: Tools for Measuring and Reporting Sustainability
- Overview of Life Cycle Assessment
- The importance of consistent measurement and reporting
- Global Protocol on Packaging Sustainability
- Transparency and Avoiding Greenwashing
- Certifications, Labels, and Claims
- Labeling for Recycling
5:00 pm – 6 pm: Networking Reception for Seminar Attendees