|1st INTERNATIONAL CORRECTIONAL RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM|
ICPA in collaboration with EuroPris and the Belgian Prison Service is organising on 27-29 March 2017 in Ghent, the 1st International Correctional Research Symposium.
- begin strengthening the global correctional research network to share their experiences and practices in the conduct of applied correctional research;
- raise awareness of operational and applied research projects being undertaken globally;
- consider ways to encourage greater cross-jurisdictional comparative research, especially in terms of measuring performance and/or correctional outcomes;
- begin identifying some potential solutions which can promote the development of shared data definitions and statistical comparisons cross-jurisdictionally. This will be a particular focus of this first Symposium.
The research specialists among our various jurisdictions and departments comprise a large and fragmented community. Their task is a difficult one, and with often limited opportunity or scope to share their knowledge and practices with others or indeed to learn from the work going on in other areas.
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND|
This event has the purpose of inviting researchers with a broad interest in criminal justice and corrections issues, especially as it pertains to the measurement of performance, quality of services and outcomes in the delivery of correctional services, as well as research managers from correctional agencies worldwide, including both prisons and community services. We also invite those working in data analysis technologies to attend and share your experiences with regards to industry recognised methods, tools and approaches for data collection and analysis.
- Criminal Justice Researchers from Academic Institutions or Research Bodies
- Research Managers/Coordinators from Public Sector Prison and Correctional Services
- NGO/Non-Profit Representatives
- Data Analysis and Software Specialists (Public and Private Sector Representatives)
Registration fees are set at the special rate of 195 EUR for delegates from Public Sector, Government, NGO/Non-Profit and Academic institutions (375 EUR for all other participants). For more information and to register for this unique event please contact a member of our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EuroPris is offering 2 participants from each of the EuroPris jurisdictions the chance to register for the Correctional Research Symposium without cost. To see if you are eligible and to receive the code, please contact Julia Ilyina at email@example.com.
|AREAS OF FOCUS|
By attending this conference you will be able to participate in sessions which address:
- How to extract useful information on your prisoner population
- How to plan and structure research activities
- Methods for collecting data and improving collection processes
- Dealing with conflicting definitions at local, national and international levels
- Enhancing understanding through better reporting
- Transparency vs. risk: responsible sharing of information
- How to collectively identify key indicators for international comparison and benchmarking
Take part in this unique event which aims to bring our shared understanding of global corrections to the next level. Discuss the challenges and successes with other researchers in the field and learn about the latest tools and techniques which will enable you to perform better analysis within your organisation.
Tuesday, 28 March
1830 - 2030 - Host Welcome Reception