|WNU Summer Institute 2017|
|27/06 - 04/08/2017|
WNU Summer Institute aims:
- To provide a global picture on the full spectrum of issues surrounding nuclear energy and to develop skills in leadership, communication, planning and organization.
- To offer quality education and nuclear training from the world’s foremost experts and leaders in nuclear science, engineering and business enhanced by practical workshops, interactive platforms and a visit to nuclear facilities.
Training the nuclear industry's best:
Each WNU Summer Institute is composed of an internationally diverse mix of top young professionals, known as fellows, working in industry or government service. Applicants must provide evidence of meeting the following requirements:
- Currently employed in the nuclear sector, with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent 4 years of work experience) in nuclear energy sciences related field.
- 2 reference letters demonstrating leadership potential as well as professional or academic excellence.
- Maximum age of 40.
- Advanced English language skills, to be able to participate in lively discussions. For non-native speakers an English certificate is required.
Selection places considerable weight on an applicant's demonstrated leadership potential. The aim of the selection process is to have a class of WNU Fellows composed of an internationally diverse mix of top professionals already in industry or government service. Applications from qualified women are encouraged. Gender balance is a priority in WNU programmes.
Application deadlines and tuition fees:
IAEA funding application ends on 18 November 2016
Company funded applications ends on 10 February 2017
For applicants seeking IAEA funding, please check before applying that your country is eligible and that both your employer and the IAEA National Liaison Officer (NLO) would support your application if successful.
Tuition amounts to £11,500 and includes:
- Course materials and mentorship
- Meals for the duration of the Summer Institute
- En suite accommodation during the academic programme and twin room during technical tour
- Technical tours to nuclear installations
- Cultural tours and social events
- Books: Nuclear Energy in the 21st Century, and Nuclear English
Travel from home country to WNU Summer Institute and insurance are not included.