Welcome to the Walk with Me 2018 Call for Sessions site!
The third national Walk with Me conference will be held on March 5 – 6, 2018 in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
The goal of this conference is to bring 500 diverse stakeholders together (including older adults/residents*, family members, professionals, educators, policy-makers, students, and researchers) to learn with and from each other about how to support changing the culture of aging in Canada. There are many exciting initiatives and projects underway in Canada that are shifting the culture of aging in significant and positive ways. Walk with Me: Changing the culture of aging in Canada aims to accelerate and give profile to this social movement.
The conference will be co-hosted by the Schlegel-University of Waterloo Research Institute for Aging (RIA) and CapitalCare Foundation, in collaboration with many planning partners from across the country.
* “Older adults/residents” refers to older adults and others residing in long-term care, as well as older adults residing in retirement/independent living, and/or in private homes within the community.
ONLINE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
- Review the submission process and requirements in the Call for Sessions document before starting your online submission
- Browser: for best results, we strongly recommend using Chrome or Firefox when submitting your proposal. Do not use Internet Explorer unless you have to.
- Logging in (top left corner of this page):
- New users: please click on 'New User? Click here' to create an account;
- Current users: enter your email and password;
- Submitting your proposal (top-left corner of the page):
- Click on 'Your Submissions + Add New’
- Fill out ALL of the mandatory fields (marked with a red asterisk*);
- Click ‘save & continue later’ before you exit your submission - at the bottom right corner of the screen it will say 'Incomplete';
- Click ‘save & submit’ only when you have completed your submission - at the bottom right corner of the screen it will say 'Complete';
- You will receive an automated email confirming your submission. There will be an edit submission link in that email should you need to make edits.
To check the status of your submission(s) (i.e. complete/ incomplete) and make edits:
- Login, open your submission, click on the edit button and make the necessary updates;
- Click ‘save & submit’ when finished;
- Submission status will show under 'Submission Status' .
NOTE: if you had previously saved & submitted your submission, you will still be able to make changes to your submission until the submission deadline. Please contact the Conference Secretariat (contact information is listed below) if you have any questions regarding your submission or run into any technical difficulties.
Deadlines for submissions: Extended to September 29, 2017 - 11:59 PM (MT)
Forgot your password? At the top of this page, go to 'Login' and click on 'Forgot Password'.
For queries regarding the abstract submission process, please contact:
Walk with Me 2018
Phone: 1.888.527.3434 / +1.519.263.5050 / +1.519.263.6003 (direct line)