PMI Leadership Institute Meeting 2018 - North America
Call for Presentation Proposals
Deadline to Submit:
Monday, 26 March 2018 | 11:59 PM (Eastern Time)*
*Late submissions will not be accepted
Welcome to the NEW PMI Leadership Institute Call for Presentation Proposals (CFP) platform. We are now accepting proposals for the PMI Leadership Institute Meeting 2018— North America, which will take place from 4-6 October 2018 in Los Angeles, California, USA. This platform will be used to manage your submission record throughout the process. Please note that all presentation proposals must be submitted in English.
Leadership Institute Meetings provide professional and peer-to-peer training and leadership development designed to enhance the capabilities of PMI’s volunteer chapter leaders. All presentation proposals should be focused and applicable to the skills, discipline and opportunities required to lead PMI chapters. Presentations that visibly market or endorse commercial products and services will not be accepted. Also, topics related to project management may not be applicable to the Leadership Institute Meeting and might be a better fit for a PMI® EMEA Congress or the PMI® Global Conference. Please note that for this LIM, preference will be given to proposals from within the North America region.
We are currently seeking proposals that outline specific results that your chapter has seen in the following areas:
- Effective chapter programs that had positive results on your membership acquisition and/or retention programs.
- Innovative ideas that your chapter has implemented to engage PMI certification holders or potential PMI certification holders in your chapter’s activities. How have you included and utilized PMI’s Talent Triangle®?
- Effective programs for the recruitment, retention and recognition of your chapter volunteers.
- Innovative approaches to succession and transition planning for your volunteer chapter leadership.
- Successful social media or communications programs that had a positive outcome on a chapter event and/or your membership acquisition or retention efforts.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Who do I contact if I have a question regarding the submission process?
If you have a question regarding the submission process, please contact the PMI Leadership Institute team via email at Leadership.Institute@pmi.org.
2. What language should I submit my proposal in?
Your presentation proposal and video submission MUST be submitted in English, as that is the language that is used during the review process. Additionally, all program materials are in English.
3. When will I find out if my proposal was accepted?
The development of the LIM programs takes several months. We will reach out via email in early June to confirm volunteers whose proposals are accepted and then to volunteers whose proposals were not accepted.
4. What should I expect if my proposal is accepted?
If your presentation proposal is selected and all deadlines have been met, PMI will grant each presenter a complimentary registration for the LIM. PMI will grant a complimentary registration for up to two (2) co-presenters. Presenters will not be able to add co-presenters to a session if they are not listed at the time of proposal submission. Please note that travel and hotel expenses are the responsibility of the presenter, and that PMI does not reimburse for any of these expenses.
The PMI Leadership Institute team will inform you of your scheduled date and time of your presentation to best fit the requirements of the event. Requests to alter date/time of assignments will not be accepted.
5. How will my presentation proposal be evaluated?
All proposals will be reviewed and scored by a team of volunteers and PMI staff in each of the following categories:
- Relevance to Leadership Institute Meeting attendees
- A well-defined topic with focused objectives
- Practical application of material
- Timeliness of topic
- Original material
- Overall perceived level and quality of session content
- Completeness of presentation proposal
If your presentation proposal is accepted, you will receive an e-mail invitation to present and will have 7 days to accept or decline the invitation.
6. Can I start my submission now, and then come back and finish later?
Yes, this platform allows you to save your submission and finish at a later. Click on SAVE & CONTINUE LATER to return to the site to finish your submission. To complete your submission, click on SAVE & SUBMIT. Please keep in mind that once you click SAVE & SUBMIT you will not be able to make additional changes.
7. How do I log into the system to start my proposal?
1. Select LOGIN2. Select NEW USER?3. Create your profile in its entirety, and click SAVE. You will use these credentials to access this site throughout the process.4. Select SUBMISSIONS to create a new submission.
When logging back into the platform, you will use your email address and the password that you created.