We appreciate that entering these Awards is a time consuming undertaking. While there's no secret formula that will guarantee success, below you’ll find a few key tips which we hope will make the process a little easier.
- When deciding which category or categories to enter, make sure you take the time to read through the criteria carefully and plan what you’re going to say.
- Don't forget that different categories recognise different things. Some are designed to reward an individual's or team's outstanding contribution, others a specific solution, initiative or product. Make sure you know which is which and that you respond to the questions accordingly.
- In general, there are no restrictions on how many categories you may enter but make sure you tailor your written submission to the criteria outlined.
- Remember, it's all about the entry. Any prior knowledge of your company will not be taken into account by the judges.
- For most categories, you'll have between 50 and 100 words per section, so you need to make sure that each word counts. What makes your project, solution or initiative stand out from the crowd? What's special about it? What evidence can you provide to demonstrate your success? This is your opportunity to tell the judges all about it and shout about your achievements!
- Don’t forget that awards are never given to people who are simply doing their jobs and the Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards are no different. There has to be something that sets your entry apart and makes it stand out from the crowd. First and foremost, these awards exist to reward and celebrate excellence. Your entry is your showcase - make sure it reflects the very best of what you do.
- When you've finished putting your entry together, why not ask someone who wasn't involved in the entry process to have a read through it. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes can add valuable perspective and make all the difference.