Call for Presentations
A major benefit that comes from Internal Audit is the peace of mind factor we provide to our stakeholders. This year’s conference will focus on the IA’s 2020 vision while we travel the pipeline into the next decade. Join us to expand your network and deepen your knowledge within the profession.
The 2020 IIA Canada National Conference will take place at the Calgary Telus Convention Centre, Alberta, September 13 - 16, 2020.
Applications may be submitted under the following tracks:
- IT Audit, Cyber Security and Data Analytics
The future of IT audit, Cyber Security and Data Analytics isn’t just the future of a profession; it’s the future of disruptive technologies, and how those technologies advance and shift the change across the internal audit landscape. These sessions will provide a view of what is working and what is new giving you real solutions to take back to your audit shop.
A professional, independent and objective internal audit service is one of the key elements of good governance, as recognized throughout the public sector. These sessions will provide examples of what the risks and emerging practices are in all areas of the Public Sector including municipalities, universities, schools and hospitals (MUSH).
- Leadership & Innovation
Leadership and Innovation are key buzz words today, but what do they mean? These sessions will provide real ideas and examples on how to improve leadership skills. Sessions will also speak to building a diverse and innovative audit shop both today and into the future.
- Effectively Assessing Ethics and Fraud Risks
Risk, Fraud and Ethics, all key items for internal auditors to understand and build into audit plans. These sessions will provide tried, true and new ideas to look at organizational culture, ethics, fraud risks and how they impact your organization.
- EHS / Energy Sector
Industry practices regulations and management systems are key in the design of EHS and Energy Sector audits. These presentations provide insight and examples of how critical EHS audit is to the overall IA portfolio, particularly in Oil & Gas and other energy sector participants. They may also cover Synergies between Internal Audit and EHS audit; Audit Governance, Collaboration and Joint Audits, Tools and Techniques, Risk Assessment, and avoiding Audit Fatigue; and possibly answer the question “Does EHS audit have a home in Internal Audit?”.
- Soundbrite Sessions (hot topics)
What is new, what is hot, what is trending? These sessions will speak to concepts and ideas outside the box.
NOTE: The committee will also be looking for diverse perspectives within the speaker submissions in terms of size of audit shops (small, medium, large), industry (focus on financial services), along with the ability to present in English and/or French.
To start your submission:
- Login (at the top left corner of this page)
> New users: please click on 'New User? Click here' to create an account;
> Current users: enter your email and password;
- Go to Submissions (at the top left corner of this page), and click on 'Your Submissions + Add New’
- Fill out ALL of the mandatory fields (marked with a red asterisk *);
- Click ‘Save and Continue Later’ before you exit your submission - at the bottom right corner of the screen it will say 'Incomplete';
- Click ‘Save & Submit’ only when you have completed your submission - at the bottom right corner of the screen it will say 'Complete';
- You will receive an automated email confirming your submission. There will be an edit submission link in that email should you need to make edits.
To check your submission status (complete/ incomplete) and make edits:
- Use the link provided in the confirmation email or login, open your submission, and make the necessary updates;
- Click ‘Save & Submit’ when finished;
- Submission status will show under 'Submission Completeness' .
NOTE: if you had previously saved & submitted your submission, you will still be able to make changes to your submission until deadline. Please contact email@example.com
Forgot your password? At the bottom of this page, go to Login and click on Forgot Password.
Call for Presentations open November 11, 2019
Call for Presentations deadline January 10, 2020 4:00 pm EST
All applicants will be notified of decision by January 31, 2020
All selected presenters must confirm participation by February 14, 2020