Welcome to the submission portal for the AHA 2020 Conference, Deakin University Waterfront Campus, 29 June - 3 July, 2020.
The Australian Historical Association Conference invites authors to submit an abstract of original work for consideration as an oral presentation at the AHA2020 Conference.
Abstract submission types
- Individual paper proposals constitute a 20 minute oral presentation with 10 minutes for questions and answers.
- Panel paper proposals are 1.5 hours in length involving three speakers grouped around an overarching theme.
- Round table discussion proposals are 1.5 hours in length, including time for questions. Round tables comprise at least 5 presenters including a chair who each speak for 15 minutes or less. The abstract submission should specify the topic and chair as well as the presenters and their bios. Please contact the conference convenors directly to discuss your round table proposal before submitting.
Abstract submission guidelines
- An abstract must contain sufficient information so that if accepted and printed in the conference program, it will be a complete outline independent of presentation. Abstracts must not exceed a 300-word limit. The word limit relates only to the text of the abstract and does not include title, authors and institutions.
- Speakers must only present one regular individual conference paper across the AHA and affiliate conference streams. Speakers may take part in other sessions in the role of chair, discussant or roundtable panellist.
- Submission acknowledges consent to publication of the abstract in the conference program.
- All submissions must be completed electronically via this online submission facility. If you are unable to submit in this manner, please contact the conference managers at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +61 3 5227 8121 for further information.
To begin your submission please register or login (details below) and then proceed through the outlined steps for your submission. Please note this system is separate to the registration system and a new account is required for first-time users.
How to log in
For first-time users, please use the Login button located in the tool bar above and then click on "New User? Click Here" to complete the registration process. Once you have created your profile, please follow the button 'Submissions', followed by the link to 'add new'.
Should you have any queries regarding your submission or this process, please contact us via email or telephone +61 3 5227 8121.