CALL FOR SPEAKERS - OVERVIEW
We welcome your interest in presenting at the 2018 AARFP Conference April 15-18, 2018 in beautiful Banff, AB.
THE CALL FOR SPEAKERS IS NOW CLOSED.
To submit a proposal:
1. Click the Login Tab above
If this is your first time accessing the system, click the "New user, click here" link below the Email and Password fields.
Returning users can login using the information used to setup your account.
2. Add or edit your basic contact information and save.
The tabs to edit your profile and do your submission are now visible.
3. Click on the Submission Tab to submit the details of your presentation(s);
Use the "+Add New" link to start the submission process or add an additional submission.
Application deadline is Tuesday, October 31,2017 and speakers will be notified by December 15, 2017.
· Speakers should demonstrate knowledge of,and experience in, a specialty topic in one of the topic streams . A combination of education (certificates,designations) and work experience in a relevant position is desirable.
· Speakers should have subject matter expertise on their session topic, and prior public speaking experience.
· Speakers must specify on the application any persons they wish to have approved as co-presenters.
· Building Maintenance
· Customer Service
Speakers should discuss their chosen topic in relation to one or more of the following:
• New research and best practices
• Innovative new technologies
• New methods for training, motivation, program design, implementation and maintenance
AARFP accepts presentations directed at all audience levels of experience, but have an ongoing need for new and challenging content for the experienced professionals. This is defined as someone with a designation and at least several years in a related position.
Session, 1 hour (including time for Q&A); If additional time is required it must be in one (1) hour blocks.
Electronic slide presentations are still most commonly used, but other presentation methods are strongly encouraged in engaging the audience. Props, quizzes, appropriate humor, videos and group exercises, are welcome.
SPEAKER EXPENSE POLICY
AARFP will pay reasonable travel expenses (economy airfare, mileage) for non-local speakers. Expenses must be estimated at the time of application. Speakers will not be reimbursed for expenses not previously agreed upon.
• FREE registration to the conference
• One-night hotel accommodations for non-local speakers. Additional accommodations will be considered pending the number of presentations involved and/or travel time required to facilitate conference commitments
• Parking for local speakers on request.
• We will work hard to accommodate speakers’ food allergies, medical conditions or other special considerations as identified. Speakers who require some type of assistance must discuss their requirements at the time of hiring.
Note - AARFP does not purchase speaker books or DVDs, but will consider their sale during the conference. Books should be motivational or personal experience. A book sale agreement must be completed when the speaker is hired.