Please note the Abstract Submission site closed on Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 11:59PM and we are no longer accepting submissions.
The key issues that OPPI will be exploring at the Conference are:
- Housing: As home and condo prices soar in Ontario, many communities are struggling to provide housing for residents, including a variety of housing types for a diverse population. Economic, social and political issues affect the ability of communities to provide housing, provide the conditions for housing to be built and ensure residents of all ages and abilities are properly housed.
- Demographics: Aging residents, newcomers and immigrants, children, young adults, adults taking care of kids and parents and everyone in between - how do planners plan for communities that take into consideration a variety of different ages and abilities? What are communities across Ontario doing to accommodate aging populations or an influx of newcomers and still make their communities feel like home and not a community of strangers?
- Online submission site opens: Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- Submission site closes: December 12, 2019 at midnight
- Notification of proposal status: March 2020
Please note: submissions must be received no later than 11:59 pm EST on the day of the deadline. Submissions will not be accepted after that time.
Selection Criteria and Review ProcessAll Conference proposals will be peer reviewed, and each reviewer will assess proposals against a previously established criterion. Click here to view the criteria.
All other proposals will be reviewed by OPPI’s Planning Knowledge Exchange Committee and considered based on identified needs of membership.
Please note: content that is intended to solicit business or sell products/services will not be considered.