Please submit a conference proposal today! Log in or create an account, by clicking the Login button in the top navigation bar.
Once logged in select Submissions and click "add new".
WHY ATTEND OPEN APEREO 2019?
Open Apereo 2019 is a practitioners event. Learn how higher education is using open-source software to help deliver the academic mission, control costs, and retain the capacity to innovate. Share your own experience. Join us at Open Apereo 2019 at the Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza, Los Angeles, California, USA from Sunday, June 2nd to Thursday, June 6th 2019.
Affordability and sprawling student debt are major issues for higher education. These challenges become magnified with the increasing pace of technology change and a desire to innovate towards more flexible systems to meet student and faculty needs. How do institutions meet the challenge of sustaining innovation? Open-source software can help. Institutions that invest in open-source software as part of their software procurement strategy retain flexibility to both control costs and adapt to changing needs, circumstances, and challenges.
Open Apereo 2019 is an international, inclusive event offered by the Apereo Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to developing and sustaining innovative open-source software solutions for education.
WHY SUBMIT A PROPOSAL?
We need your voice! Your experiences, expertise, and insights — and those of other community members — are what drive the success of our conference year after year. Submitting a proposal has many potential benefits:
Professional development and visibility. Presenting at a major conference is a significant professional development opportunity. Hone your own skills, and learn from others. Presenting makes you and your organization’s work more visible, creates profile, and is often the first step to building an effective partnership.
Engage with others who have shared experiences. Presentations often stimulate additional ideas and informal conversations outside of the presentation. This gives you an opportunity for more connection with colleagues, networking, and opportunities to learn from the experience of others - a practical benefit.
Learn more about Apereo. Learn how an open source foundation works and benefits education. Discover paths to sustainability with the Apereo Incubation process. Find out about licensing options and how they work. Above all, discover working software from Apereo software communities that can help your institution control costs and control its own destiny.
Contribute to the community. Your presentation will be valued by others who will learn from your experience. By presenting at Open Apereo, you’re helping add to a shared and growing pool of experience and expertise.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking proposals for the following program tracks and areas of interest:
- Strategy & Leadership: Areas of Interest include open source and alignment with institutional mission; open source in the age of the cloud; open source and open culture; open source and controlling costs; IT HR strategies; privacy; controlling institutional data; effective partnerships; effective leadership; effective governance; sustainability; advocacy; inclusive practice; data, discovery, and decisions; other
- Student Success - Areas of Interest include sharing institutional stories; student success stories and lessons learned; connecting students with services; accessibility and universal design; LMS/VLE best practices; learning analytics; early alert systems; eportfolios; Open Educational Resource creation, management, and use; lecture capture and media management; blended/hybrid learning; online learning; traditional/face-to-face learning; repository solutions; effective timetabling, scheduling, and time management; other
- Faculty Focus: Areas of Interest include sharing institutional stories; faculty success stories and lessons learned; connecting faculty with services; teaching and learning; accessibility and universal design; LMS/VLE best practices; learning analytics; early alert systems; eportfolios; OER creation, management, and use; lecture capture and media management; blended/hybrid learning; online learning; traditional/face-to-face learning; repository solutions; effective timetabling, scheduling, and time management; professional development programs; helping faculty understand analytics; hybrid teaching; connecting faculty with services; research collaboration; tools and environments for supporting research; other
- Tech Dive: Areas of Interest include accessibility and universal design; deploying open source software; integration; managing upgrades; software development best practices; security; identity and access management; software development tools and environments; software community and project updates; emerging technologies; internationalization; tech overviews; standards development and implementation; data management; other
- Facing the Future: Areas of Interest include what's next for technology enhanced learning?; next generation digital learning environments and how to get there; artificial intelligence and machine learning; institutional innovation; regional challenges and solutions; future of research collaboration; Apereo incubation project showcase; emerging standards and their impact on education; scanning the horizon; other
DEADLINE AND REVIEW
The final proposal deadline is Friday, January 25, 2019. The program committee will review and accept submissions during the open submission period. The committee expects to have proposals reviewed and final acceptances by mid-February. Please note that you may login and edit/review your submissions only through the cutoff date of January 25.
GENERAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Develop a presentation title that communicates the core topic of your presentation.
- Write a short, concise, easy-to-read, and print-ready abstract.
- Spell out all acronyms the first time mentioned.
- Use a clear and direct writing style.
- Describe the larger implications of your presentation’s subject.
- Persuade the reviewers of the value of your session’s content.
- Use key elements to tag the content of your session.
Please submit a conference proposal today!
Log in or create an account, by clicking the Login button in the top navigation bar.
Once logged in select Submissions and click "add new".