Call for Presentations
IIA Canada invites you to participate in its annual CCITAGS event by submitting an abstract for presentation. CCITAGS is looking for passionate, engaged speakers and professionals to address current and emerging issues and to share best practices with respect to IT Audit, Governance and Security. CCITAGS will take place at the Globe and Mail Centre in Toronto, Ontario, April 2-3, 2019.
How the selection process works:
IIA Canada and IIA Toronto will review and score all submissions independently and select sessions based on relevance, timeliness of content, education, value, qualifications of the presenter and the number of presentations that can be accommodated.
IIA Canada and IIA Toronto encourages submissions geared toward the following topics:
- Transforming the Audit Function
- Ethics of Technology
- Privacy/Cyber and Our Ever Changing Landscape
- Emerging Technology (i.e. AI, Machine Learning, Blockchain, etc...)
- Innovation and Risk Management: Using Technology to Manage Risk
- Governance Roles, Responsibilities and Effectiveness from the Board to the IT Organization
- Regulations/Industrial Compliance that Affect Tech Space
The submission of a completed proposal from does not in any way guarantee the submitter or presenter(s) a speaking slot on the program. It does not create a legally binding relationship between the presenter(s) and IIA Canada and IIA Toronto. Please be advised that any offer to speak at the event will be subject to terms and conditions to be agreed at-a-later date.
Please note that all sessions are peer reviewed by the program committee. Sessions are selected to fit the theme of the event and the content streams that will be presented each year.
Successful presenters will be notified in writing by November 26, 2018. Any changes to speakers after acceptance of a presentation must be agreed to in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Call for Presentations will be open until November 20, 2018.
If your session is selected, the information in this submission will be used in the event program.
To start your submission:
- Login (at the top left corner of this page)
> New users: please click on 'New User? Click here' to create an account;
> Current users: enter your email and password;
- Go to Submissions (at the top left corner of this page), and click on 'Your Submissions + Add New’
- Fill out ALL of the mandatory fields (marked with a red asterisk *);
- Click ‘Save and Continue Later’ before you exit your submission - at the bottom right corner of the screen it will say 'Incomplete';
- Click ‘Save & Submit’ only when you have completed your submission - at the bottom right corner of the screen it will say 'Complete';
- You will receive an automated email confirming your submission. There will be an edit submission link in that email should you need to make edits.
To check your submission status (complete/ incomplete) and make edits:
- Use the link provided in the confirmation email or login, open your submission, and make the necessary updates;
- Click ‘Save & Submit’ when finished;
- Submission status will show under 'Submission Completeness' .
NOTE: if you had previously saved & submitted your submission, you will still be able to make changes to your submission until deadline. Please contact Vicky Constantineau, CMP email@example.com
Forgot your password? At the bottom of this page, go to Login and click on Forgot Password.
Call for Presentations open October 15, 2018
Call for Presentations deadline extended to November 9, 4:00 pm EST
All applicants will be notified of decision by November 26, 2018
All selected presenters must confirm participation by November 30, 2018
T: 613.371.8946 (direct line)