Petfood Forum China 2018: Call for Papers
Abstracts due by May 18, 2018
The Petfood Forum China 2018 content advisory board is seeking abstracts for noncommercial presentations, due May 18, 2018.
Petfood Forum China 2018 is scheduled for August 21, 2018, at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre. Please do not submit an abstract if you are not sure you will be able to attend Petfood Forum China on August 21, 2018.
What you need to know
Potential speakers are invited to submit abstracts on pet food and pet treat topics including:
- Data, trends and predictions for the China and global pet food markets, including pertinent retail channels such as online pet food sales and marketing;
- Pet food ingredients, including novel ingredients, their characteristics and potential applications in pet food or treat formulations; plus ingredient considerations related to processing;
- Pet food processing, including new research and techniques, as well as the influence of processing on various ingredients and formulations;
- Update and overview of pet food regulations in potential export markets;
- New information or ideas for marketing pet food, including via social media;
- Information, techniques or processes for new product development in pet food.
An advisory board of pet food experts will evaluate all submissions for:
- Relevance of topic, especially to the China pet food market;
- Presence of new or innovative information, concepts or research—originality is key;
- Proposed speaker’s experience or background with the topic, as well as with the China market;
- Lack of commercialization or promotion—it is crucial that the paper/presentation does not come across as a sales pitch, seeking to promote your organization or product(s);
- Evidence of previous speaking experience.
Each submission is evaluated on its own merits against these criteria but also in relation to other papers received. This is a one-day conference with only about eight presentations; within those, we seek to present a balance of timely topics as well as ensure particular areas of high industry importance and popularity are sufficiently covered.
No abstract will be considered if it seems commercial or if it has been published or presented prior to Petfood Forum China 2018. Abstracts similar in title or content to previously presented material should include significant new information.
How to submit
You will need to log in, using the link at the upper left corner of this page. The system will prompt you to register as a new user or log in if you are a previous user. If you have registered online for a recent Petfood Forum conference outside of the US, such as Petfood Forum Europe 2017 or Petfood Forum Asia 2018, you may already have an account in this system. Simply enter your email address; you can request for your password to be sent if you do not remember it.
Once logged in, please click on My Profile and complete or update that form. (Be sure to click “Save” at the bottom if you make any changes or add new information.)
Then click on Submissions at the top of the page to create a new submission. Follow the instructions to complete the form, using the guidelines below. When finished, be sure to click “Save” at the bottom of the page.
- Abstracts must be written in English.
- The abstract should sufficiently explain the topic, especially how it is unique or based on new information. The potential speaker’s expertise in or knowledge of the topic should also be clear.
- The following elements must be part of the abstract:
- Abstract title and name, title and organization of corresponding author/potential speaker (if different or in addition to the information given in the My Profile section);
- The purpose/objective of the presentation;
- A concise list of 3-5 useful take-home points;
- Information presented in sufficient detail to support the conclusions and take-home points, plus how the topic is unique or based on new information.
The submission form also includes a required field for a 50-100 word biography of the potential presenter. Public speaking experience must be included; it is also helpful to include information on the speaker’s knowledge of or experience with the topic.
Abstracts must be received no later than May 18. After this deadline, the abstract submission system will no longer accept submissions. Any requests for late submissions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
After review of submissions
All submissions will be reviewed within four to six weeks after the May 18 deadline; you will receive an email from the us regarding whether your submission has been accepted or declined.
If your abstract is chosen for an oral presentation, you will receive a PowerPoint template to use to create your presentation, including a set range of number of slides and recommended amount of information or bullet points to include on each slide. Please use and follow this template.
Authors will be required to sign a copyright release to permit publication of the abstract and the use or re-use of other materials.
Failure to provide required files and information by the specified deadlines could result in your being replaced as a speaker for Petfood Forum China 2018.