The Educator of the Year Award recognizes, honors, and rewards a full-time dental hygiene faculty member who contributes to and is dedicated to providing high- quality education to dental hygiene students.
Award recipient will be notified in April 2018 after judges review has been completed. Presentation to the award recipient will be made at ADHA’s 95th Annual Conference in Columbus, OH, during the Saturday General Session on June 23, 2018.
- Individuals should have a reference letter from a professional peer, a student, alumni, and/or the director of the program or dean of the school.
- Applicants must be an ADHA member, be a full-time or part-time (no less than 15 contact hours per week) faculty member at either an accredited dental hygiene program, in a dental hygiene degree-completion program, or in a Master of Science degree program in dental hygiene. A listing of recognized programs can be found at www.adha.org.
Application Checklist :
- Abbreviated curriculum vitae
- Reference Letter - to be uploaded in the application
- Summary of most recent student evaluation data
- Personal statement
Abbreviated Curriculum Vitae
- Name, address, phone, fax, email
- Title and rank
- Years of experience
- Current and previous academic appointments
- Educational background (including any fellowships)
- Key publications
- Teaching accomplishments, honors, and awards
You must request a letter from from a professional peer, a student, alumni, and/or the director of the program or dean of the school for this award. Once you receive this letter, this needs to be uploaded with your submission (there is a section during your application process to upload this). The letter from your reference should include the following:
- Highlights of the applicants contribution to dental hygiene education
- Description as to why the applicant should receive the award
The personal statement should describe the following:
- Applicant's philosophy of teaching
- Applicant's growth in teaching and learning
- How applicant has contributed to student learning and achievement
- How the award monies will be used to advance teaching in the applicant's program
Award Notification and Announcement:
The recipient of the award will be notified on or before April 2018. The award will be presented at ADHA's 95th Annual Conference in Columbus, OH, during the Saturday General Session on June 23, 2018.
The Awards Committee selects one winner per year for this prestigious award. Committee decisions will be final.
One recipient will be selected. Recipient will receive the following:
- $1,000 cash award
- An engraved plaque
- Recognition in Access Magazine, ADHA's official publication
- Recognition during ADHA's 95th Annual Conference in Columbus, OH which includes:
- Complimentary meeting registration for Annual Conference
- Round trip domestic airfare to Columbus, OH
- 2 Days Per Diem to be used in Columbus, OH
- 2 Nights Hotel Accommodations in Columbus, OH
- Award recognition during Saturday's General Session, June 23, 2018