The Rosie Wall Community Spirit Grant, in an amount typically ranging from $1,000-$3,000 per grantee, will be presented to up to six applicants (dependent on funding) who are involved in a specific community service project.
The project should demonstrate its capacity to improve the public's overall health, and may relate to dental, medical or mental health.
The purpose of the Rosie Wall Community Spirit Grant is to foster awareness of and intervention in community health concerns. This grant program is designed to encourage dental hygienists to design and implement community health projects or continuing existing projects.
Typical Award Amount (dependent on funding): $1,000 - $3,000
Number of recipients: up to 6, depending on funding: one student applicant; one applicant from Hawaii and four applicants from other parts of the United States
Program Eligibility Requirements
Applicants who are licensed dental hygienists or students pursuing a dental hygiene degree are eligible.
Current ADHA Institute Board of Directors and ADHA Board of Trustees may not apply for the Rosie Wall Community Spirit Grant. Members of the Community Service Grant Review Committee may not apply as principal investigators but may do so in another capacity (i.e. secondary investigators, mentors, etc.)
Eligibility for this grant allows a practicing dental hygienist, group of hygienists, or an interdisciplinary team of professionals including a dental hygienist and/or dental hygiene student to apply with these considerations:
- Demonstrate involvement in outstanding activities with a community health program or project, which may include dental, medical and/or mental health enhancement
- Illustrate that health education is one element of the project
- Show that these activities enhance the public view of the professional role dental hygienists play in health improvement.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen who is either a licensed dental hygienist or a student pursuing a dental hygiene degree
- The project setting is in the United States
- Applicant must be a current ADHA member
- Current ADHA Institute Board of Directors, ADHA Board of Trustees, and members of the Community Service Grant Review Committee may not apply as principal investigators