Program Eligibility Requirements
- Grant monies are for community-based fluoride varnish programs for unserved and underserved populations in Texas
- Minimum number of varnish applications is 2 per person within a 12-month period
- Minimum number of participants to receive varnish is 200
- Maximum administrative costs for the program must not exceed 25% of the total award amount (i.e. $250.00)
- Fluoride varnish program must include an educational component
- Program must include a collaborative partnership between 3 or more entities (e.g. TDHA, Head Start, and Dental Hygiene School)
- Program must demonstrate an effort to refer participants to a dental home
The ADHA Institute for Oral Health Community Service Grant Review Committee will use the following unweighted selection criteria to evaluate applications using the POAER Model:
1. Clearly describes and documents the need for the project.
2. Offers a creative and contemporary approach to this endeavor.
1. Presents a clear and logical planning process.
1. Presents a clear and logical implementation process with strong preventive and educational components.
1. Presents a clear and logical evaluation process.
Resources1. Presents a clear and sound budget identifying how the requested grant funds will be utlized.