CONTRIBUTE YOUR EXPERTISE
We are now accepting proposals to provide creative, educational, professional development sessions for IMSA’s 2018 Forum & Expo in Orlando, Florida.
You are encouraged to propose any topic that is informational, not promotional, in nature. We seek professional development proposals in various public safety technology areas including, but not limited to:
- Aerial Lift Operation and Safety
- Career Development and Specialized Training
- Effective Personnel and Asset Management
- Fiber Optic Technologies
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Interior Fire Alarm Design, Installation, Code Compliance and Maintenance
- Land Mobile Voice and Data Systems
- Pavement Marking Design, Installation and Maintenance
- Regulatory and Code Compliance including OSHA, MUTCD, MUTCDC, NFPA and others
- Roadway and Area Lighting
- Sign Requirements, Design, Installation and Maintenance
- Traffic Control Design, Installation and Maintenance
- Traffic Control Specialized Applications
- Transportation Center Concepts, Design and Operations
- Using Social Media to Keep the Public Informed
- Wireless Applications in all Technologies
- Wired & Wireless Networking
- Work Zone and Job Site Safety
- New Public Safety Industry Trends
- Other Cutting Edge Issues and Hot Topics
Hands-On Workshops and Panel Discussions are welcome and encouraged.
Submitting Your Proposal
All technical session proposals must be submitted electronically using our online submission form (click "Log in" above then "New User" to get started). IMSA is unable to accept technical session proposals that are not submitted online.
If your session is selected for presentation you will be asked to provide the following:
- An engaging and interactive professional development session.
- A clear message with a descriptives ession title which describes the information you will be delivering.
- A PowerPoint using the official IMSA-designated template. (Due no later than June 1, 2018).
- An optional handout file, in PDF format, including session information that attendees will be able to download from the Forum & Expo website.
Session slots are 50 or 80 minutes including Q&A. If your topic requires more time to present, or if you have a panel of presenters or hands-on workshop requiring a longer session, we will consider longer presentation slots.
Requests for special audio visual equipment (see “Presenter Registration” below for a list or standard AV provided) must be submitted with your proposal.
It is important for you to adhere to deadlines set by IMSA and respond in a timely manner to all correspondence regarding your session.
The deadline for submitting proposals is December 15, 2017.
2018 Dates for Presentations
Saturday-Tuesday July 28th-31st
Session Selection Process
Proposed professional development session topics will be evaluated on the basis of quality, relevance and content. Consideration will be given to potential audience interest. IMSA may contact you to discuss modifying your session title and description to best market your session in the Forum & Expo brochure, website and onsite program.
Proposals that focus on a specific product or the sale of a product or service will be disqualified.
You will be notified of the status of your submission. Inquiries or questions regarding your proposal should be directed to Jeffrey Knight, IMSA Education and Certification Manager, email@example.com or 321.392.0500.
Upon acceptance of your proposal by IMSA you will receive a confirmation packet containing the date and time of your presentation and complete instructions for presenters. All presenters will be asked to submit a short biography to be used in the introduction and for the promotion of your session. Your photo (optional) may be used in promotional materials and the onsite program.
All Professional Development presenters will receive a Speaker Registration which includes:
- Entrance to all Technical sessions
- Exhibit Hall entrance on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
- A lunch ticket for Monday and Tuesday
- Attendee Bag
Forum & Expo Registration
One the Forum & Expo registration becomes available on the IMSA Web site please be sure to register by selecting the Speaker category if you are not already registered as an Exhibitor or with a General Registration.
Once your session has been confirmed, you should book your hotel online by visiting www.IMSAsafety.org/2018Orlando.
IMSA does not reimburse hotel or travel expenses for technical session speakers.
On the Day of Your Presentation
Please check in at least two hours before your scheduled session to receive your badge and other materials.
Each technical session presentation room will be set with a podium, microphone, LCD projector, screen and laptop with your PowerPoint file pre-loaded.
Once your session has concluded please be respectful of the next presenter and quickly exit the session room. If you’d like to continue conversations with attendees, please do so outside the room. Presentations are scheduled with a ten minute break between sessions.