Abstracts can be submitted online until Friday 30th June 2017.
Upon submission of your abstract, please make sure you receive an acknowledgment of receipt.
Guidelines for preparation of abstracts
1. Abstracts may be submitted via the online Submission Service only.
2. Abstracts received by fax will not be considered: should you have any problems with online submission, please contact the Organising Secretariat email@example.com.
3. Abstracts must be written in English.
4. The presenting author of an accepted abstract must register and attend the congress.
5. Use a short specific title indicating the nature of the investigation. The background and goals of the study should appear clearly to the reader. The methods and results must contain data, and the conclusions should be clearly expressed.
6. Abbreviations are allowed but must be clearly defined the first time they appear in your text (but, do not define in the title).
7. You should structure your abstract under the following headings:
8. Authors should indicate their presentation preference:
A. poster presentation only
B. oral or poster presentation
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
9. Please make sure to state your correct e-mail address. After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail with the reference number of your abstract (submission ID) for correspondence and questions that might arise.
The abstract must be submitted in Word.
- Use typeface “Times New Roman”, font size 12
- Do not repeat names of authors and institution in your text
- Do not include degrees or titles
- The rest of the text should contain no more than 400 words
- Do not leave blank lines
- Single space all typing
- Use generic names of drugs
- Write numbers as numerals rather than words
- Avoid references
Important: As the grading and selection process is blinded, the title and body text must not contain identifying features, ie information such as:
- Names (authors or other)
- Names of institute (hospitals, medical schools, clinics…)
Abstract Preview and Submission
Please read through your abstract carefully before submitting it, as you cannot change it once submitted and we can not modify the content / author list / topic / picture for you once it has been submitted.
Draft Status: If you do not click on the submit button, your abstract will be saved in Draft Status. You will then be able to review it and submit it at a later time (but only before the deadline). NB: Abstracts that are in draft status after the deadline will not be considered for selection.
Do not forget to click on the Submit button to validate your abstract submission. You will receive an automatic confirmation by email.
Changes and corrections: Once submitted, it is not possible to make any corrections to the abstract content or information (such as authors details, topic, correction of typos in the text, etc.). What can be done:
- During Submission Period - Online Submission service is open -
In order to correct your abstract you must withdraw it and submit a new corrected version prior to the deadline (See below for withdrawal procedure).
- After submission deadline - Online Submission service is closed -
Replacement of your abstract is not possible. Changes can not be made to the submitted version.
- Withdrawal - If you want to withdraw an abstract already submitted, please notify us as quickly as possible at via email:
firstname.lastname@example.org stating the title and number of the abstract to be withdrawn.
Each abstract will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. Authors will be notified of acceptance by email by 14th August 2017 at the latest.
All correspondence regarding the abstracts will be sent by email to the submitting author. The authors will be informed as to whether or not the paper has been accepted for an oral or poster presentation. The corresponding author will receive all correspondence concerning the abstract and is responsible for informing the other authors of the status of the abstract.
By submitting an abstracts, authors agree to the publication of their actual abstract in a special supplement to the Journal “Acta Cardiologica”.
Two prizes will be awarded – one for the best orally presented abstract and one for best displayed poster. Both prizes will be awarded during the congress dinner on Thursday 5th October 2017.
All those accepted as a poster will be invited to provide their poster as a PDF for display on digital screens in the exhibition hall, adjacent to the plenary session’s rooms. Full instructions concerning preparation and presentation will be included.
Important Note: At least 1 author (presenting author) of the accepted abstract is obliged to register and pay the congress registration fee before the early bird deadline (Monday 4th September 2017). In the event of non-fulfillment the abstract will be withdrawn by the organizers.