GUIDELINES AND SELECTION CRITERIA
You are eligible to apply for an ADHA Institute for Oral Health scholarship if:
- You are a current member of ADHA
- You are enrolled in an accredited dental hygiene program in the United States
- You have completed a minimum of one year in a dental hygiene program prior to receiving an ADHA Institute scholarship award (Students may be in the process of completing their first year when the application is submitted)
- You have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) - please refer to the specific scholarship requirements as the minimum GPA requirement will vary by award
- You are a full-time student during the academic year for which you are applying unless you are a graduate student
- As a graduate student, you are a current member of ADHA, hold an active dental hygiene license, and a minimum of a baccalaureate degree.
The graduate-level scholarships are the only scholarships that are available to both part-time and full-time students.
IF YOU ARE GRADUATING IN THE 2017-2018 ACADEMIC YEAR, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP CYCLE. YOU MUST BE A STUDENT IN THE 2018-2019 ACADEMIC YEAR TO APPLY.
PROGRAM & APPLICATION RULES
The ADHA Institute for Oral Health Scholarship Program is a competitive scholarship program.
You may be eligible to receive an award if you meet all of the above-listed requirements. If you are unsure of your eligibility, please contact ADHA Institute staff directly. email@example.com
Complete applications must be received no later than February 1, 2018.
As the applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that all materials are completed and submitted successfully. Please refer to the instructions in each application section for further information on how to correctly complete the application. incomplete applications will not be acccepted.
As the applicant, you will choose one scholarship to apply for during this process (e.g. Irene Woodall Graduate Scholarship.) Please choose the one scholarship for which you are most qualified. Students who choose more than one scholarship may be rendered ineligible.
Student Application Section
Please carefully enter all requested information into the application. If you have any questions, please contact the ADHA Institute staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember that in the “Career Goals Statement” section of the application should specifically address how you meet the requirements of the scholarship.
Consult the requirements for the specific scholarship you have chosen. Some scholarships may require additional items such as an essay.
Furthermore, you may apply for only one scholarship and that all applications must be complete and submitted by February 1, 2018.
This evaluation is to be completed by a faculty member who is familiar with your academics, as well as your career goals and work style.
It is important to send the application link above to your faculty member so they can complete their portion.
It is your responsibility to provide the Faculty Advisor with the link, a copy of your current resume or CV and completed your “Career Goals Statement” portion of the application.
ADHA Institute staff recommends that you provide the faculty member with a minimum of three to four weeks to complete the form.
Your application will not be considered eligible if the faculty advisor evaluation form is not submitted.
This section of the application is to be completed by your dental hygiene program director.
1) that you are enrolled in the dental hygiene program
2) that your grade point average (GPA) is a minimum of 3.0 or higher, dependent on the requirements of the scholarship for which you are applying. (Please remember you are only able to apply for one scholarship.)
3) the date that you are eligible for licensure.